Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Beauty Everywhere!

I stated in my previous post that I wanted to focus on beauty throughout November and heading to Colorado this weekend was the perfect way to find true beauty.

My daughter and I went up to the Rocky Mountain National Forest to do some hiking.  We packed water and some snacks and off we went.  Sometimes I think I overestimate my abilities because I had no fears and it truly didn't dawn on me that I would be hiking in a Mountain as in (a) the air is thinner in the higher elevations, (b) at some time I would be hiking UP the mountain.   Hiking up the mountain was a LOT harder than I anticipated! We started out going down 3.6 miles and then stopped for some snacks.  Then it was time to hike back UP 3.6 miles.  I had to stop several times just to get my breath.  But I made it and I'm really happy that we did it together.  The scenery was too beautiful for words and even the pictures I snapped on my IPhone can't convey how breathtaking the scenery was. 

We stopped at the Red Rocks

A pic of the snow covered mountain

Part of our hike

My daughter taking pictures near a little lake
 

A herd of Elk

I asked for more beauty in my life and got a boatload this past weekend.  The chance encounter with the herd of the beautiful Elk was the tip of the iceberg!

It will be a while before I'll be able to top this one!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you enjoyed your trip to Colorado. I am a native, and still cannot get enough!
    :)
    Thank you, also, for your kind comment over at my little blog!
    xo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonitos paisatges .Fa res encara estavem intentant esbrinar com es buida una carbassa per Halloween, i ja estem amb les boles per l'arbre i mitjons per a la llar de foc. Les seccions de decoració nadalenca dels grans magatzems ens ha sorprès a més d'un, des de finals de setembre! Ja fa olor de Nadal. elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete