Thursday, August 15, 2013

On Thursday we are having a baby shower for one of the men at work.  We planned it for a week ago but his wife went into early labor and had a healthy little boy.   New babies and new beginnings are always so exciting.  We are having a goodie table so I decided to make some mini cheesecakes and covered them in chocolate. 

I don't know where I found this recipe but I've been making it for years.  It's pretty versatile too because I've often added some mashed pumpkin for Thanksgiving or mixed in melted chocolate and it always works.

Sometimes it comes out creamy and sometimes it comes out fluffy.  I'm sure a professional baker could tell me why that is, maybe I mixed it too long or not enough, either way it's always a crowd pleaser.  My family loves it and that's all that counts.

Cheesecake Recipe

Graham Cracker Crust.

1/3 cup butter melted
1-1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar

Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar.  Mix in melted butter and stir with a whisk or fork until well blended.  Press in the bottom and up the sides of a spring form pan.


Cheesecake filling:

3 pkgs cream cheese
3 large eggs
1 can condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix the cream cheese until creamy.  On low speed mix in condensed milk and then add eggs one at a time. Continue mixing on medium speed and add vanilla extract.  Pour into prepared springform pan.

Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Farenheit for 45 min to 1 hour.  Put a pan of water in the oven on the bottom rack to keep moisture in the oven while baking.  This will prevent the cheesecake from cracking. 

I used this same recipe this time but instead I pressed the graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of some mini cupcake cups, then I added the filling and baked for about 30 minutes.  Once it was done I dipped the tops in melted chocolate and let them cool. 

Can't wait to share them!



No comments:

Post a Comment