Thursday, May 16, 2013

The fruits of Summer


Today I went for my 1 mile walk before work.   The weather has been fantastic this week and it’s great to start the workday with a quick walk in the sun before being locked away in the office.  

I’ve been trying to get in a 2-3 mile walk during lunchtime but today I had to skip it because of a working lunch seminar.  The good thing is that means I get to leave an hour early.  We ordered in for lunch from Jimmy Johns so I had a turkey sandwich.  It comes with a great big cookie.  To stop myself from eating it I decided to keep it for my son’s girlfriend.  To keep myself honest I texted her and told her I was brining it home for her.  I packed it away in my purse and tried to forget it was there.  Funny, I’m not a big chocolate chip cookie lover but because I denied myself that little treasure it suddenly became in my mind the most delicious dessert in the world.  Funny how the mind works, isn’t it?  Denial creates desire.

All in all it was a good eating day.  I didn’t go crazy with anything.  These days I’m not considering anything off limits but when I do desire something I am trying to go for something healthy.  Even though a big bowl of ice cream sounds great, so does a big bowl of fresh fruit with some vanilla yogurt and a small squirt of chocolate sauce.   I still get my chocolate fix with a lot less calories and fat.  This is just one of the reasons why I love summer.   I love having all those fresh fruits and veggies available and at a much lower cost than during the winter.  I can’t wait for blueberry time in Michigan.  I can’t wait to start growing my tomatoes and spinach in my garden. 

I plan to really make this summer count and have a successful weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment