Monday, February 17, 2014

Another 6-8 Inches!

It's not unusual to get a big snow storm in February and it always seems to happen right around Valentines day.  Well, today was our day for another 6-8 inches of snowfall in the Chicagoland area and neighboring states.  So, I decided to make the best of it and take some pictures.  I want to pull these pictures out when the weather is swelteringly hot and I start to complain. 

 
Along with todays storm we had thunder and lightning.  I love thunder snow storms because it seems like it really should be thunder storming but it's just too darn cold and the rain turns to snowflakes.  As I was taking these pictures I thought it was funny that the ducks were just swimming along in the freezing cold water enjoying the snow.  All this snow creates a sound barrier around it and even though I took these pictures right around rush hour and near a major roadway the only sound I could hear was the quacking of these little ducks. 
 
We are supposed to start a little warm up over the next couple of days, a heatwave of sorts with tems climbing to the 30's and 40's.  Which makes me a little nervous about all this stuff melting too quickly and the water will have nowhere to go except our basements.  Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. 
 
I'm happy to report that despite all the snow on the roads I did not let that stop me from going to the YMCA tonight and getting in a much needed workout.  Afterwards I came home and enjoyed a daily serving of fruit.  OK, it was smashed grapes and can be poured into a wine glass, but it is a fruit, right?
 
Until tomorrow,
Debbie
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment