Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Zumba!!

In my quest to lose a decent amount of weight before summer I realize I have to get my butt in gear and start hitting the gym.  It's not an easy thing for me, I have never been very athletic, I find running incredibly boring and when I am running all I can think about is being finished.   I'd honestly rather be sitting home browsing the internet, reading blogs, making crafts and playing on Pinterest.  I sit all day at work in front of a computer so you would think that the last thing I'd want to do after work is look at a computer, but that's not the case.  It would be Utopia if I could find a job where my work on the computer was actually comprised of fun stuff like recipes and decorating but that's not the case.  So, once I'm home and dinner is finished I can spend an entire evening just sitting with my laptop.

I had to find something that was going to make me want to get out and exercise and have some fun. I belong to two gyms so I have no real excuse.  I found Zumba!   It's been around for quite a while now and I kind of compare it to Jazzercise but with a Latin beat.  I love it.  I've been going off and on for a couple of years now, more off than on, but each time I go I have a great time.  Tonight I went to a class that lasted an hour and afterwards did Zumba Toning for another 25 minutes.  I had a smile on my face almost the entire time.  The music is fun, the moves are easy and I worked up a sweat.  It's like an hour of dancing without going to a club.

I highly recommend Zumba to anyone who wants to exercise and have fun at the same time.  They have DVD's available but I'd much rather go to the live classes.  Everyone has fun, the instructors mix it up all the time and it's rarely the same routine.  The classes are always a mixture of ages, fitness levels and shapes and sizes. 

Here is a link to the Zumba website.  I can't wait until Friday at lunch time....another Zumba class.





No comments:

Post a Comment