Sunday, July 7, 2013

A fun ending to the long weekend

Today we celebrated my MIL 75th birthday.  Mr. Saylor and I worked pretty hard around the house to get things ready.  Isn't funny how a fingerprint on a door or a dusty mini blind is easily over looked until a party or holiday gathering?  I wish I was as picky about day to day living as I am about throwing a party.  On second thought it might be a good thing I'm not because I'd probably have to go on meds to keep me calm.  Yesterday we power washed our patio and I was agonizing over some stains left behind from our fire pit.  I was even on my hands and knees scrubbing the concrete with a wire brush.  The stains never came out so I have to live with it for now but I'm on a mission to get rid of them. 

I decided to try some homemade dishes like slow cooked baked beans and coleslaw.  We also picked up some frozen mac and cheese to serve with the smoked pork shoulder Mr. Saylor was cooking.  I also made some cheesecake in a jar.  It was a lot easier than I thought and came out fabulously.  They looked so cute with the lids on.  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them because I put them in the fridge last night before taking a picture and when I served them they were gone in an instant!

packing down the graham cracker crumbs

 


I baked them in a pan of water



Fresh from the oven



                          Added some cherry pie filling topping and some finely chopped almonds

I had 12 guests and made 12 jars.  They were gone in an instant and added a little whimsy to the party. 

The evening is winding down and tomorrow starts a new work week.  It was a lovely long weekend with lots of things accomplished. 

Hope you have a wonderful, successful exciting week!

No comments:

Post a Comment