Monday, July 8, 2013

Getting back to working out

I worked out today.  I haven't worked out in a couple of weeks and I've been feeling it.  Today as I sat around after dinner I started to feel tired and lazy and I decided to just GO.  No thinking about it, I wasn't going to give myself the opportunity to talk myself out of it, I just got ready and went to the YMCA.  I completed a 3.3 mile run on the treadmill.  That is the first time I've completed 3 miles without stopping since I can remember.  I didn't keep a fast pace but I didn't care because I was more focused on actually completing 3 miles of running even at a slow pace.  It was great and after the cool down I actually completed 3.54 miles.  Awesome.  I'm glad I went to the Y because it's too hot and muggy to run outside and I ate a piece of birthday cake left over from yesterday's party. 

It's funny how things work in my head.  When I'm focused on home décor and my garden, I neglect my workout out and when I focus on workouts and losing weight I let the house go.  I suppose it's because I work eight hours a day and with commuting time I really only have a few hours in the evening.  Trouble is that if I workout too late I have too much energy to go to bed and then I end up too tired in the morning.  I guess I'll just have to juggle things as much as possible or find a job that lets me get to the gym an hour a day. 

First world problems is what they call my dilemma.  I'll just have to let things work themselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment