Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Fall Inspired Dinner and A Halloween Lantern

This week I picked up a few things to cook in the crock pot.  I love using the crock pot in the Fall and Winter.  It's fun to make hearty stews, chili, beef and pork roasts, beef ribs, I could go on and on, but it's nice to come home to a warm meal on a cold winter day.  Not to mention it's super convenient.

This morning before leaving for work I put a nice big pork roast in the crock pot and added a little salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder.  When I got home this evening the meat was so tender it was falling off the bone.  We decided to make pulled pork sliders so Mr. Saylor picked up some small buns and I made some sweet potatoes with a little brown sugar and butter for the side. 

Pork in my vintage crock pot
And out of the crock pot. It was a nice chunk of meat and it held together nicely.
Shredded pork ready for some buns and BBQ sauce.
Tomorrow night we're making Pork Taco's with the leftovers.
 
After dinner I decided to finish up a little project I had started.  I picked up this little wooden lantern at Goodwill.  It was a shiny teak looking color.  It only cost $3.  I decided to paint it black inside and out because the glass windows on it had been painted with the little cross hatch marks.  Next I made a couple of bows for the top to "pretty" it up.  I was going to do a scary one but decided I wanted it to be cute.  However, I can always remove the bows if I change my mind. 
 
I think I will add a skeleton key as a door handle.  Pop in a candle and maybe add some more cute things on the top.  It's a work in progress.
 
Until tomorrow,
Debbie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive