Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day Three - Pumpkin Donut Holes

I love to bake and haven't made any goodies yet with the all fall flavors like pumpkin, cinnamon, apple, etc.  I made some gnocchi the other day and made a little pumpkin sauce for on top.  I was the only one in the house who ate it.  No one else was interested in my pumpkin pasta sauce.  It was pretty good but not good enough to share the recipe.  I just winged it and didn't measure anything which caused it to be a little bland.  Last year I made some pumpkin risotto and loved it but again the rest of the household wasn't too excited.

I picked up two cans of pumpkin and only used one for the pasta sauce.  So the other can was calling my name, "Please Debbie, don't let me just sit here, please do something with me."  I answered the call and in keeping with my fall inspiration, for todays project I made pumpkin donut holes from a recipe I found on Craving Chronicles. 

I'll admit I had one right after I made rolled them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.  They were still warm and were incredibly good but also extremely sweet.  I think next time I'll make them a little smaller because they came out pretty large.  I really need to lose weight and these little guys aren't going to help me with that in any way but I just couldn't resist!

I can't wait for the morning to enjoy another one of these little guys with a cup of coffee and then I'll have to eat light for the rest of the day and try to exercise off a few of these scrumptious calories.


Looking forward to the weekend and getting some more fun fall projects completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive