Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Getting the bedroom ready for fall

Today was a no nonsense day today.  No fun projects to present just good old fashioned cleaning. 
I have been working so hard and having so much fun creating Fall and Halloween inspired projects for the 31 day challenge over at The Nesting Place but in my quest to create some fun things I've created a complete mess in my family room and bedroom.  All my ribbons and paint and extra fabric were in little boxes all over the place.  It was getting so bad I almost thought I could be called in for an episode of Hoarders!

In addition to the fall and Halloween material I've been picking up little Christmas things here and there.  I have a pair of ice skates and a package of bottle brush Christmas trees, a few plates and TWO Nativity sets. 

Tonight after work we had a quick dinner of homemade pizza.  Mr. Saylor took some fresh sliced roast beef from the deli and put that on a pizza crust with some pizza sauce and some mild Giardiniera and cheese.  He also made one with green, red and yellow peppers, onions and mushrooms and cheese.  Both were very good. 

After dinner I went to work on my bedroom.  Cleaned out my closet that I want to use as a craft closet.  It's a small closet under the eave of the roof in a little corner.  I'm going to leave the door on it but plant to take out the bar and install some racks and little bins on the walls.  It also needs a light installed.  There is no electricity in there so I'll have to be creative with lighting.  I've got too many other projects to get finished in the house before I'll pay for an electrician to install a light in my closet.  Mr. Saylor is just not that handy. 

I found this image on Pinterest.  I like the pegboard on the door.  I'm going to use this as some inspiration.  I'll probably use more wicker baskets since I've picked up a few along the way.

Something that inspired me today was a story about a young woman who made a dream sky diving trip two days before her 31st birthday.  The uniqueness of the story is that she has ALS disease and her doctors told her she has less than a year to live.  Her mother died of the disease when she was a young girl.  On the interview she told the reporter that she lives one day at a time and loves every minute of every day.  Her story made me realize how precious life can be.  How important it is to never take things for granted.
 
I have decided that I will enjoy cleaning my bedroom and organizing my craft closet.  Every day is precious and it's the little things that matter.  I look forward to tomorrow when I can continue my closet project. 
 
Until tomorrow,
Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive