Friday, October 11, 2013

Day Ten - Simply Baked Acorn Squash

Acorn Squash is one of my favorite fall vegetables.  I made some for dinner tonight and didn't get to take any pictures for my post!  I bake these very simply by cutting in half, scooping out the seeds and putting a couple teaspoons of butter and a teaspoon or two of brown sugar in the center.  Then I bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour. 
When I was buying them at the store the girl at the counter asked how to cook them and asked what they tasted like.  It was hard to explain the taste.  I tried to say it was kind of like pumpkin but not quite as sweet but the texture isn't the same.  It was hard to describe but I told her that if she liked sweet potatoes she would like squash.  Of course what doesn't taste good with brown sugar and butter. 

After dinner my husband and I went to McDonalds for an ice cream cone.  The clerk told us that they are no longer serving them.  I guess summer really is over.  I'm going to miss those .49 cent cones. 

The other morning I was able to snap a quick picture of my morning glories.  They are still making their appearance even though the weather is dropping to the 40's at night.   They are so pretty when they open.


I plan to get a lot accomplished this weekend.  I still have a closet to arrange, I have three of four plastic bags on my bedroom floor filled with things to make some fall projects and probably some in said closet.  I plan to empty those bags this weekend.  Since we won't have a Bears game on Sunday I should have nothing to distract me. 

Until tomorrow,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive