Acorn Squash is one of my favorite fall vegetables. I made some for dinner tonight and didn't get to take any pictures for my post! I bake these very simply by cutting in half, scooping out the seeds and putting a couple teaspoons of butter and a teaspoon or two of brown sugar in the center. Then I bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour.
When I was buying them at the store the girl at the counter asked how to cook them and asked what they tasted like. It was hard to explain the taste. I tried to say it was kind of like pumpkin but not quite as sweet but the texture isn't the same. It was hard to describe but I told her that if she liked sweet potatoes she would like squash. Of course what doesn't taste good with brown sugar and butter.
After dinner my husband and I went to McDonalds for an ice cream cone. The clerk told us that they are no longer serving them. I guess summer really is over. I'm going to miss those .49 cent cones.
The other morning I was able to snap a quick picture of my morning glories. They are still making their appearance even though the weather is dropping to the 40's at night. They are so pretty when they open.
I plan to get a lot accomplished this weekend. I still have a closet to arrange, I have three of four plastic bags on my bedroom floor filled with things to make some fall projects and probably some in said closet. I plan to empty those bags this weekend. Since we won't have a Bears game on Sunday I should have nothing to distract me.
- Final Post for the 31 Day Blogger Challenge
- Gruesome Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cookies and Decoupage Pumpkins
- Day Twenty Eight - Give Thanks
- Deer Meat Pot Pie and Apple Pie
- Countdown to Halloween
- Updated Halloween Wreath
- Round Steak Dinner and Pumpkin Bread
- Getting the bedroom ready for fall
- Snow Today and a Halloween Project in production
- French Wood Platter
- Warm Beef Stew and Dumplings on a cold Fall Day.
- Day 19 - Rugby Season
- Day 18 Operation Christmas Child
- Day 17 - Bread Tube Fail
- Day 16 - Spiced Apple Cider and Favorite Fall Cock...
- A Fall Inspired Dinner and A Halloween Lantern
- Halloween Blocks
- Day 13 - Pumking filled cinnamon buns and lots of ...
- Day 12 - Fall Inspired Pumpkin Plate
- Day Eleven - Catch Up Post and Fall flavored goodi...
- Day Ten - Simply Baked Acorn Squash
- Day 9 - Favorite Fall Movies
- Day Eight - Fall Inspired Banana Bread and Plans f...
- Day Seven - Fall Inspiration leads to Halloween In...
- Day 6 - Shepherd's Pie
- Day 5 - Fall Inspired Exercise and a final farewel...
- Day Four - A Simple Fall Wood Project
- Day Three - Pumpkin Donut Holes
- Day 2 - A simple fall wreath
- Day 1 - Nothing says fall like a hearty bowl of so...
- ▼ October (31)