Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day Eight - Fall Inspired Banana Bread and Plans for Fall Garden 2014

I love the wildflowers that grow along side the expressways and highways here in Illinois.  I'm always curious to know what type of flowers are planted because they seem to grow so beautifully and yet you never see a streets and sanitation worker out there watering.  They must be drought resistant and like full sun.  I love the Goldenrod that pops up every where around this time.  I've got areas in my yard that don't get a lot of attention because I don't feel like pulling the hose back there to water.  I decided to do some research and found a place to buy seeds on line from a somewhere in Wisconsin.  I was so happy to see that they came in the mail today.  While I can't plant them now I will plant them as soon as it's possible and hope to get some lovely plants for next years late summer/early fall presentation. 
 
In keeping with yesterdays plan for those spotty bananas in my picture yesterday, tonight I made some banana bread and added some chocolate chips.  I didn't add any pumpkin but I was very tempted to add some mashed butternut squash that I need to cook up.  Instead, I've decided to wait and make some butternut carrot cake muffins over the weekend.  In the meantime here is a picture and it looks as good as it tastes.  It's going to be a wonderful treat for breakfast tomorrow.
 
 We had beautiful fall weather here today so I took a 2.25 mile walk at lunchtime with a work friend.  We walked about a 16 min mile which is not fast to some but is pretty good for me.  We have to take advantage of these lovely fall days because they'll soon be replaced with snow, sleet and ice!  I've been a Midwesterner for most of my life and rarely enjoy the snow.  But I'll deal with that when it gets here.
Until tomorrow,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive