Friday, October 4, 2013

Day Four - A Simple Fall Wood Project

Pinterest can really spark up the old creativity bug.  Last year I spent a lot of time looking through all the pins but never really doing anything with them.  Now that I'm committed to this 31 day challenge I'm forcing myself to finish the projects I started.  Sometimes my "start" is simply buying the pieces for the project and the "finish" ends up all the pieces in a bag in the closet NEVER getting done. 

I found a pin of someone that made a FALL wood letter project out of scrap wood.  I thought, "hey, I know there is some scrap wood in the garage!"  So, I found just the thing and had Mr. Saylor start cutting.  While he was cutting away I ran to the store and picked up the letters to spell out FALL plus some paint.  It took a couple of weeks to actually complete this very simple project.  It probably should have only taken a couple of days but I was so busy starting and completing other projects that this one just kept getting neglected. 

Now that I'm doing this 31 day challenge I used this opportunity to get my wooden letters completed.  I think it came out cute!  I picked up some gourds and a little pumpkin, added some fall foliage and a little candle I made from some candles I picked up at Goodwill.  Even my son gave me a compliment on the letters.  He usually just laughs at my projects.

 
When I was at the grocery store last week they had a bunch of greenish blue pumpkins.  I remember last year I saw the pink ones but it's only this year that I've seen these green ones and I love them.  I combined it with my little birds and the planter I bought last year to use during the fall season.  I had the candle lying around the house so I spruced it up with a little fall flower pick. 
 
Tomorrow morning I'll be up at 4 a.m. to head to Michigan for the weekend.  My close friends have a summer house and we're going to spend a nice fall weekend there enjoying the changing colors, some hot apple cider, and probably take a final pontoon ride around the lake before everything gets closed up for the winter.  I am sure I will have some beautiful pictures to post.  I'm also going to go on a nature walk to pick up some fall foliage to bring home for display and get some exercise in after eating those sinfully delicious pumpkin donut holes I made yesterday for Day 3.  
 
I am going to try to make a blog post from my phone tomorrow.  Even if it's just a couple of pictures. I'm going to try very hard to keep posting every day of the 31 day challenge!  We'll see what happens.
 
Until tomorrow,
Debbie! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive