Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Snow Today and a Halloween Project in production

You can never tell what kind of weather to expect this time of year in Chicago.  I can remember fall days when we were still wearing shorts and t-shirts and fall days when we were bundled up like Eskimos.  Today was an Eskimo day with snow flurries and a cold wind blowing enough to chill you through to your bones and remind us that winter is not too far off.  My body just isn't ready for this cold weather, I'm still hoping for a couple of warm fronts to push through to distract me from the reality that soon snow will cover the ground. 

I started another Halloween project today that needs some final touches.  A few weeks ago I was in Hobby Lobby and they had all of their wood letters on sale so I bought an F.  I wanted to make a monogramed wreath for the front door.  Then I wandered over to the Halloween section to pick up some ribbon.  I changed my mind when I saw the prices.  Even with a coupon it wasn't worth it to me.  So, I went over to the fabric section and just picked out some spools of orange and black.  I don't need pumpkins on my ribbon to make it a Halloween theme, the black and orange and white of the ribbon work just as well, plus they were on sale.

This is the work in progress.  It needs a little more flair but I do love my F. I think I will run to Micheal's and pick up some Halloween trinkets and glue them to the wreath.  But for now here is a sneak peak.

 
I've got some black roses but I also think a black cat or black crow, maybe a couple of cute ghosts would finish it up. 
 
I also put one more coat of polyurethane on my wood platter.  I'm really loving it.  I cannot wait to use it during the holidays. 
 
I'm really happy to be a part of the 31 day blogger challenge but I will admit I spend a lot of time after work playing around with projects so much so that my bedroom has become a complete disaster.  There is craft stuff all over the place and I am beginning to feel like a hoarder! 
 
I was wondering what to do with my bedroom for the fall season and I think that it is going to become my next Fall inspired project to be completed by the end of this week.  I've got plenty of ideas and I don't think Mr. Saylor will be happy to hear that I would like to repaint the room and add new wood molding and window trim.   It probably won't happen before Christmas but I can at least get this room cleaned and organized.
 
Today while reading one of the blogs I follow I was linked to another blogger with amazing taste in decorating.  English country style is one of my favorite styles and this blogger is so talented that her home is being featured in Midwest Living magazine.  The blog is called The Polo House
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive