Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Cookies and Decoupage Pumpkins

I've never been a person who enjoys too much quiet in my life.  I like things to be busy and hectic.  I don't follow routines, I don't make detailed plans for my days, I don't plan out my weekends but somehow I manage to get what needs to be done complete.  Sometimes plans have to change but it doesn't matter because the necessary things will get done and the little things can always wait. 

I've taken on a new position at work and it's forever changing.  Each day brings new challenges and learning opportunities.  I absolutely love it.  I love being a part of something big and challenging.  On the flip side there isn't much room for failure and every minute counts so it can be very exhausting by the end of the day. 

Today I came home to a fun surprise.  My daughter came home today because she brought back her car.  She lives in the city and there isn't really any need for her to have a car down there but she had an interview for a possible internship and needed the car for a couple of days. 

Since she was home she wanted to make some Pumpkin and Butterscotch cookies.  I don't know what recipe she used but the cookies came out great.  They were a moist and cakey kind of cookie.  Very good.
She was sweet enough to leave a few for us.  If they are still there in the morning I'm taking one for breakfast.
 
A couple of weeks ago I started a decoupage project on some dollar store pumpkins I picked up.  I set them in a little basket and surrounded them with some orange lights.  I'm going to display this for Thanksgiving.  I think it will be pretty to build a vignette around it. 
I took some fabric to Kinkos and made some copies.  I used the paper to decoupage the pumpkins.  I just love making homemade decorations.  
 
I can't believe the 31 Day Blogger Challenge is almost over.  I also have to say that it has definitely been a lot of fun blogging each and every day.  It helped spark some interest in decorating and trying to keep organized for the holiday.
 
Until tomorrow,
Debbie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive