Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 12 - Fall Inspired Pumpkin Plate

I got my pumpkin plate today and it was exactly what I wanted in the price range I wanted and I found it at Goodwill for $5.00.
 
Now it's time to bake up some of those recipes I found to fill it up. 
 
Some of my other plans had to be put aside because today was my nephew's 9th birthday and I invited my sis and her family over for dinner.   She said he likes Army men so I baked him some camouflage cupcakes. 


I had to play around with the food colors to get the dark green/gray color.  I almost gave up because I had a bowl of purple cake mix but then dropped in some more green and presto, I had the batter colored camo.
Finally I iced them and put a little army man on top.
 
I don't think my nephew was too impressed but that's ok because I really made them for my own fun.  I know he had fun though and that's all that counts..
 
Until tomorrow,
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive