Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 2 - A simple fall wreath

I finally finished my fall wreath for the front door.  I found the little flowery ring at Goodwill for $1.99 and picked up some burlap ribbon, letters and the leaves at Hobby Lobby on sale.  My daughter painted the letters and I made the bow.  Glued everything together and bam, a cute, simple fall wreath.  I was thinking about wiring it to a larger grapevine wreath.  I will probably do that when I find them on sale.  I wanted to make something that was inexpensive and simple.  

I've started a few more projects that will be completed over the next few days.  I'm painting an old wooden lantern I picked up at a thrift store.  This will become a Halloween decoration. 
Mr. Saylor cut some small wood blocks for me to make into a Halloween project for a later post. 

So to keep me on track here is a list of my future projects:
  • Halloween lantern
  • Halloween blocks
  • Clean out craft closet (thanks to the inspiration from a fellow 31 day challenge blogger at Empty Nest Full Life.
  • Fall décor update on my antique desk. 
  • Pick up some Halloween or fall themed gems for my candlesticks along with some pretty fall themed candles.
  • Finish Halloween wreath for the front door.
  • Make a batch of pumpkin muffins.
  • Make a burlap banner
  • Make a couple of burlap pumpkins.
Just a few action items to focus on for my 31 day challenge.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive