Monday, October 28, 2013

Day Twenty Eight - Give Thanks

I seem to keep stumbling upon blogs and news articles about people who are sick and people who have lost loved ones.  It scares me a bit because it's just so many stories of personal tragedy.  Even one of our local newscasters that I follow on FB just posted she is about to start chemo.   It all started the other day when I heard a story about a woman dying of ALS and how she went skydiving because that was one of the things she wanted to do before it was too late.  Maybe that story opened my eyes to the preciousness of life.  I don't want to dwell on them too much because I don't want to invite such sadness in to my own life.  I will pray for these people and their sadness. 

I've started making a little banner for the house that will say "Give Thanks" because I want to be thankful for all the little things in life and share that with family when they come over for Thanksgiving.  The stories I've read or heard on TV make me want to run outside and breath in the fresh air, smile more, enjoy my family and just be thankful.

Today for dinner we made something light.  We found the it in a Guy Fieri cookbook.  Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese and bacon.  OK, I know I said light, but believe me after a weekend of fresh ground sirloin burgers and deer meat pot pie, I welcomed this "lighter" fare.  The recipe can be found here: Grilled Romaine.

Mr. Saylor loves his Guy Fieri cookbook and this is one of his favorite recipes.  I like when he makes it but he is a messy cook, there was grease and balsamic vinegar all over the stove.  Why do men use every pot in the house to make a simple meal?  Why do they seem to use a new spoon for each addition of an ingredient?   No rinse and re-use for that guy.

I'm not going to complain because it's life and life can be messy, and I am thankful for a messy kitchen and dirty pots and pans that help create interesting meals, like grilled lettuce.

Until tomorrow,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive