I seem to keep stumbling upon blogs and news articles about people who are sick and people who have lost loved ones. It scares me a bit because it's just so many stories of personal tragedy. Even one of our local newscasters that I follow on FB just posted she is about to start chemo. It all started the other day when I heard a story about a woman dying of ALS and how she went skydiving because that was one of the things she wanted to do before it was too late. Maybe that story opened my eyes to the preciousness of life. I don't want to dwell on them too much because I don't want to invite such sadness in to my own life. I will pray for these people and their sadness.
I've started making a little banner for the house that will say "Give Thanks" because I want to be thankful for all the little things in life and share that with family when they come over for Thanksgiving. The stories I've read or heard on TV make me want to run outside and breath in the fresh air, smile more, enjoy my family and just be thankful.
Today for dinner we made something light. We found the it in a Guy Fieri cookbook. Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese and bacon. OK, I know I said light, but believe me after a weekend of fresh ground sirloin burgers and deer meat pot pie, I welcomed this "lighter" fare. The recipe can be found here: Grilled Romaine.
I'm not going to complain because it's life and life can be messy, and I am thankful for a messy kitchen and dirty pots and pans that help create interesting meals, like grilled lettuce.
- Final Post for the 31 Day Blogger Challenge
- Gruesome Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cookies and Decoupage Pumpkins
- Day Twenty Eight - Give Thanks
- Deer Meat Pot Pie and Apple Pie
- Countdown to Halloween
- Updated Halloween Wreath
- Round Steak Dinner and Pumpkin Bread
- Getting the bedroom ready for fall
- Snow Today and a Halloween Project in production
- French Wood Platter
- Warm Beef Stew and Dumplings on a cold Fall Day.
- Day 19 - Rugby Season
- Day 18 Operation Christmas Child
- Day 17 - Bread Tube Fail
- Day 16 - Spiced Apple Cider and Favorite Fall Cock...
- A Fall Inspired Dinner and A Halloween Lantern
- Halloween Blocks
- Day 13 - Pumking filled cinnamon buns and lots of ...
- Day 12 - Fall Inspired Pumpkin Plate
- Day Eleven - Catch Up Post and Fall flavored goodi...
- Day Ten - Simply Baked Acorn Squash
- Day 9 - Favorite Fall Movies
- Day Eight - Fall Inspired Banana Bread and Plans f...
- Day Seven - Fall Inspiration leads to Halloween In...
- Day 6 - Shepherd's Pie
- Day 5 - Fall Inspired Exercise and a final farewel...
- Day Four - A Simple Fall Wood Project
- Day Three - Pumpkin Donut Holes
- Day 2 - A simple fall wreath
- Day 1 - Nothing says fall like a hearty bowl of so...
- ▼ October (31)